Featured post

Who, What and Why?

Tune into 107.8FM or find us on future radio on a Sunday at 5pm or 11pm, or a Tuesday at 11am; we are Platform arts and culture magazi...

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Who, What and Why?


Tune into 107.8FM or find us on future radio on a Sunday at 5pm or 11pm, or a Tuesday at 11am; we are Platform arts and culture magazine show.  In a nutshell, we are a team of 8 people who make an hours worth of arty audio each week for our 42,000 listeners.






WHO?  I'm Abbie, producer for the show and I thought it might be interesting to do a blog based upon my experiences in this position.  I'll try and tell you about a whole load of different aspects, from an average day in the mobile office to how to structure an interview.  There will be links to full shows and to websites for the creative cast who make up our features.

WHAT?  Well as you've read above we're a weekly arts and culture show.  We go out once live and then repeat twice, each show has around 3 - 4 interviews and an arts round up, alongside a couple of local music tracks.  So we're based in Norwich, Norfolk and we make up a large program of mainly independent, volunteer run shows for Future Radio.  Future Radio is run by Future Projects and is part of a community focused charity for social inclusion.

WHY?  I produce the show because I am passionate about art and radio, it's also great fun!  The reason for the blog?  Well before taking on this position I had NO IDEA what I was walking into, so hopefully I might be able to help someone else in my position, somewhere in the world.  Or hey, you might just want to read it and get a glimpse into a life that's different to your own.  Whatever the reason you're here, welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment